Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fun Stuff: Summer Season Picks


Working full time, packing all my stuff for grad school, unloading everything I don't need to make my move out-of-state that much easier... I really don't have as much time to watch anime as I did  last season. Of course, that didn't stop me from marking down several titles I'm going to be following nonetheless in the upcoming months. After all, when it comes down to it, I can always pack when I'm watching TV, can't I? Or so I tell myself. The anime this season looks promising, and I do have my own sense of priorities.

Here's what I'll be watching:

FREE!

This hardly comes as a surprise, does it? I love bishounens, male fanservice, and swimming is one of my favorite (acutally, probably the only) competitive sports to watch. KyoAni has great art, and as long as I get plenty of buff torsos and a good storyline, I'll be happy.


BLOOD LAD

Did Durarara! and Soul Eater have a love child? I've always been a huge fan of genre blender titles, and I like how this one promises supernatural, horror, comedy, action, and even romance.


GATCHAMAN CROWDS

Daisuke Namikawa is voice acting in this. The plot seems to have one or two things in common with my beloved Tiger & Bunny. But most of all DAISUKE NAMIKAWA. Kyaaaa!


KAMISAMA NO INAI NICHI YOUBI

Wait for it.... DA-I-SU-KE NA-MI-KA-WA!!!!!!!! Also starring in this anime! I've also heard good things about the light novel, and I'm always up for anything having to do with fantasy.


MONOGATARI

I originally wasn't interested in Bakemonogatari when it first came out because of the harem elements, but I was proven wrong by this series' ridiculously sharp and poignant dialogue. I'm quite looking forward to this new season and I hope it lives up to the script of the original.


UCHOUTEN KAZOKU 

I don't know much about this series, but I smelled some supernatural elements alongside a somewhat old fashioned feel, so I'll go for it. I hardly watched any comedies at all last season, and I'm ready to fill up again.

WATAMOTE

After watching almost none of the comedies last season because the weather was crappy and I was too grumpy to find things funny, I didn't want to pass up on the most promising ones this season. I loved the social-awkwardness of Chuunibyou, and I'm hoping for more laughs from the even weirder heroine of Watamote.



No comments:

Post a Comment