Monday, October 14, 2013

Song Spotlight: Everybody


Sweet holy hell, what happened to my baby Taeminnie? He grew up... he can take his shirt off without making us feel like pedophiles... it's all too much for my maiden heart to take! What if he starts turning into a beast idol?
In any case, SHINee has been evolving with every new release, and with The Misconceptions discs from this year, we've been hearing a very mature SHINee that has fully embraced R&B and even some enjoyable throwback sounds such as those in "Why So Serious?" and "Queen of New York." They've always had two of the best vocalists in the industry on their side-- Jognhyun and Onew-- but now I think they've tapped into their full potential, as well as that of Taemin, Key, and Minho, who have spades of talent of their own. The dubstep in "Everybody" I could do without, but I'm digging this latest maturation of SHINee. Even if it means I have to face up to the fact that K-pop cutest cutie Taemin is growing up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment