Monday, August 12, 2013

Song Spotlight: Pain


It's been nearly three years, but I still haven't gotten over the breakup of one of my favorite J-rock groups, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR. They had managed to survive the aftermath of their lead vocalist Maakii leaving the group, and had found an incredibly talented replacement in Halca, who helped them deliver one of the best albums in their catalog, swamp man, so it was absolutely crushing when they couldn't manage to hold it together after the album release. Even so, listening to swamp man always makes me happy that I fell in love with this band, and I still can't get enough of my favorite track from the album, "Pain." Halca pulls off the delicateness of the vocal beautifully (and hitting those notes in the chorus without going sharp is no joke), and Yuusuke is relentless with his rap, which really sets off her more gentle tone. Hngggh. Why must the bands I love always split up? :(


No comments:

Post a Comment