Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Song Spotlight: History



I already spotlighted EXO-M, the Chinese division of one of SM Entertainment's latest endeavors EXO, but let's not forget that their Korean counterparts EXO-K represent one of the best new groups active in the K-pop industry. EXO-M and EXO-K essentially sing the same track in different languages, much like the K-pop stars who bring their work to Japan, but Korean and Chinese read so differently from each other that the two groups' music have their own unique sound. In some cases I prefer the EXO-M version and in others I prefer EXO-K, and while I already singled out EXO-M's "Machine" as my favorite Chinese track, my favorite Korean number is by far and away "History." The group clearly has their dance moves together, but those vocals are something else! I still have yet to listen to their new album as much as I've listened to MAMA, but already EXO-K is leaping up the ranks of my favorite K-pop groups (though they still have a ways to go before beating out SHINee and Big Bang in my book).

As an added bonus, check out the alternate version of "Two Moons" featuring the dance moves of Kai and Lay to introduce yourself to one of the favorite memes of EXOtics: "ROLL LIKE A BUFFALO!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment