Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fun Stuff: 30 Day Song Challenge (Asian Music)

Time for another 30 day challenge! This time I will be tackling Facebook's famous 30 Day Music Challenge, tailoring my answers to the artists of Asian Music <3. And once again, I'll knock all of the answers out and once and leave the template for fellow readers to try. Good luck! 

Day 01: Your favourite song: "Leo" by NICO Touches the Walls. Everything about the track is exactly what I love: pacing, variation, vocals, atmosphere, EVERYTHING <3





Day 02: Your least favourite song: ...hmm... the first that pops into my head is Bonnie Pink's cover of "Manic Monday," not because I dislike Bonnie Pink (on the contrary, I think she has a beautiful voice and is completely adorable), but because I hated the original and didn't understand why she wasn't a perfectly good cover opportunity on that song and its annoying lyrics. She deserves better! 


Day 03: A song that makes you happy: As soon as I hear "Sexy, Free, & Single" by Super Junior, I get all giddy. That song is all about celebrating independence, a sentiment I am all behind.




Day 04: A song that makes you sad: "Expiration Date" by Tablo. It's a beautiful song... about being tossed aside by people who grow bored with you as time passes. A painful lesson, but he does a great job of conveying it.




Day 05: A song that reminds you of someone: "Shissou" by Last Alliance always reminds me of a good friend of mine, probably because it's the ending theme to Ouran High School Host Club, which we were totally obsessed with.




Day 06: A song that reminds of you of somewhere: "Sleepless Beauty" from Gravitation was something I always used to listen to when I was at Indian Point, a lovely nature park and river bed by my house. I have no idea why... it's not exactly the sort of thing that brings you closer to the landscape, but who knows?






Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event: Dancing to SHINee's "Sherlock" at Marathon with my friends... and looking completely ridiculous.




Day 08: A song that you know all the words to: "Ningyo Hime" by Rie Tanaka, making it my go-to karaoke track... not that I can sing very well at all. It's still a beautiful track!




Day 09: A song that you can dance to: "Knock Out" by GD&TOP is probably my favorite to dance to, but I'm not saying I look good doing it or anything. In fact, I probably look pretty terrifying.




Day 10: A song that makes you fall asleep: My lullaby is "Memory of Mom" or "Mist's Theme" from Fire Emblem. I prefer the Mist redo of the song, but both version will work.




Day 11: A song from your favourite band: "Love Like Oxygen" by SHINee



Day 12: A song from a band you hate: Hmmm... I tend not to seek out bands that I know I won't like genre-wise. I'll go with that one insert song from the Tokyo Babylon OVAs that drove me banannas. I don't remember the title off the top of my head, but it was pure 80s cheese... the bad kind.


Day 13: A song that is a guilty pleasure: "My Pace" by SunSet Swish from Bleach... that song is so WEIRD. But I like it... no idea why.




Day 14: A song that no one would expect you to love: I doubt anyone is particularly surprised by me enjoying Asian music at this point, but I guess no one goes around assuming I'm a big T.M. Revolution fan since he isn't similar to most of the artists I listen to. But I've got a "Dynamite Passion" for him!





Day 15: A song that describes you: "Oblivious" by Kalafina. Well, the title describes me, pretty much. "Ningyo Hime" has the lyrics I connect to the most, but since I already posted that, this comes in second place.




Day 16: A song that you used to love but now hate: Waaah, me hate one of my precious pop hits? The love is still strong with all of my favorite songs!


Day 17: A song that you hear often on the radio: "Gangnam Style," one of the only Asian songs to even get major airtime.




Day 18: A song that you wish you heard on the radio: ALL THE OTHER SONGS! But for now I'll pick the beautiful YUI and "Spiral & Escape." That girl's voice is just too beautiful.





Day 19: A song from your favorite album: "OH MOM" by T.O.P from GD&TOP. T.O.P.... you make me say "Oh my god!"





Day 20: A song that you listen to when you’re angry: I don't really get angry... but if I did, I'm sure it would be "Pain" by High and Mighty Color. Just a hunch.




Day 21: A song that you listen to when you’re happy: "Gee" by Girls' Generation. Just try to be grumpy when that song is playing!




Day 22: A song that you listen to when you’re sad: "Blue" by Big Bang. Helps me sing my bluuuuuuueeeeessss.




Day 23: A song that you want to play at your wedding: I think "Sonic Boom" by Maaya Sakamoto would make a beautiful instrumental. And for the reception, any song ever created by SHINee will do.




Day 24: A song that you want to play at your funeral: "Sadame." The piano version.




Day 25: A song that makes you laugh: "Rurun Riru Ranran Rara," the very definition of cute and ridiculous!




Day 26: A song that you can play on an instrument: Alas... I cannot play an instrument anymore :(
Day 27: A song that you wish you could play: It would be cool to play the beginning of "Sonic Boom" on violin, but I'd love to play "Light's Theme" as well. Lovely, lovely.





Day 28: A song that makes you feel guilty: Guilty...? "Guilty"!!!!




Day 29: A song from your childhood: "Change the World" by V6 is probably my first experience with a track with Japanese lyrics. Good old InuYasha.




Day 30: Your favourite song at this time last year: According to my Ipod, "Sekai de Ichiban Koishiteru" by Kita Shuuhei, "Honey Honey" by Seamo, and "19sai" by Suga Shikao were tied. Probably from listening to one of my anime playlists, given the lack of K-pop.




No comments:

Post a Comment