Thursday, September 20, 2012

Theme Spotlight: World End


Thanks to the wonders of Last.fm and its musical recommendation options, I discovered the j-rock band Flow not long after getting into UVERworld. Naturally, I was thrilled to learn when I began watching Code Geass that FLOW sings the first and second seasons' opening tracks (or at least one out of the two), joining the talents of some of my other favorite bands such as Orange Range and Ali Project. I was surprised at first that the theme wasn't more hard driving (a la "What's Up People," the opening theme to the second half of a similarly themed show, Death Note), but the words still perfectly reflect the struggles of both Lelouch and Suzaku as they face up to the consequences of the changing world they have helped to create. Sometimes the results of a battle for the world are not quite as ideal as they seem...   

Lelouch vi Britannia commands you: Listen to this song and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment