Friday, September 7, 2012

Theme Spotlight: D-Technolife


Bleach has so many opening and closing themes to choose from that it's hard to select just one. I still remember the first time I watched the show and first heard Orange Range's 'Asterik,' which was one of my early experiences with Japanese music, and how amazed I was at how different it was from what I was used to. I couldn't wait to hear more, and I was not disappointed when the show shifted to UVERworld's brilliant 'D-Technolife' for the Soul Society arc. Since then, UVERworld has become one of my favorite j-rock bands, and have led me to discover even more of favorites (NICO Touches the Walls, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, FLOW, etc). So honestly, I owe a lot to my experiences with the music of Bleach. And even though 'D-Technolife' is probably my favorite, there are still so many amazing options from the show. 'Life is like a Boat,' 'MOVIN',' 'Rolling Star,' and 'Kansha' immediately come to mind for me, but honestly, there are so many to choose from that even if you're not interested in the hack-and-slashness of Bleach, just looking into the soundtrack is an experience enough!

But if you don't watch the show, Ichigo will call you out for being a BASTARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment