Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fun Stuff: 30 Day Anime Challenge

For those of you who enjoyed the 30 Day Shipping Challenge, here's one focused on anime in general. I personally have a great time digging through my memories of watching my favorite shows to pull up the answers to the questions and recalling the things I loved the most. So let's give this one a shot!



Day 1 - Very first anime: Technically Sailor Moon and Pokemon when I was a young 'un, but in my more adult career of watching anime, it was Tales of Symphonia, as I detailed in my first post. It was so much fun seeing a game I loved animated that I checked out other series, including Bleach, Gakuen Heaven, xxxHolic, etc. But the very first were definitely the good old nineties classics. 


Ah, nostalgia. Brings back those good old grade school days.


Day 2 - Favorite anime you’ve watched so far: Definitely xxxHolic. I am obsessed with Yuuko, Watanuki, and Doumeki, so I was absolutely ecstatic to see them in the animated form. I was also pleased with how well the first two seasons stuck to canon and kept the filler to a minimum. Also, the use of Suga Shikao for opening themes? Um, YES!

Day 3 - Your anime crush: Oh, I definitely have plenty. Ogami from Sakura Wars, Hakkai from Saiyuki, Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club, Yuri from Tales of Vesperia, Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny... the list goes on

Day 4 - Anime you’re ashamed you enjoyed: Hmmm... I don't know, I don't really get ashamed of things I enjoy. With Tsubasa, I, along with many of CLAMP's fangirls, was disappointed by the filler and veering from canon, but I still enjoyed it aside from the many problems... mainly because of the soundtrack and the absolute joy of seeing Fai D Flourite animated.
 
Day 5 - Anime character you feel you are most like (or wish you were): I feel a kinship with Franz from Gankutsuou. We both like to be the voice of reason to our hot headed friends, and have a tendency of keeping our heart to ourselves. We both have someone we love very passionately, but realize we aren't the right person to make that person happy. Instead we do everything we can to ensure they are happy, even if our own happiness takes a backseat.
Franz does get minus points for engaging in needless self-sacrifice, though


  Day 6 - Most annoying anime character: I tend to have a problem with clingy jealous girls and guys. Sodia from Tales of Vesperia comes to mind (although I suppose that's the video game rather than the anime). And Yokozawa from Sekaiichi Hatsukoi before he finds his own romance and gets over Takano.

Day 7 - Favorite anime couple: Kurogane and Fai from Tsubasa. So deep and complex, it makes me drool with all of the fanfiction possibilities. 

Day 8 - Most epic scene ever: One of my favorites is when Light is trying to figure out how to keep Ray Penbar's lady love from reporting to the police what she knows about Kira in Death Note. The mental work that went into stopping her is just astounding, and the pacing and tension of the scene is brilliant.

Day 9 - Saddest anime scene: Since I've already gone on and on in other postings about my sad Tomoya/Nagisa scene in CLANNAD, I'll pick a different one this time: Subaru and Seishirou in X. All of their interactions together. The scene where Subaru broods on his ailing heart. The scene where we learn that Subaru can no longer make his barrier because he lost the thing he wanted to protect and has pretty much lost his usefulness as a Dragon of Heaven. Gaaaah, Subaru.

Ah, those two...


Day 10 - Favorite slice of life anime: Now that I think of it, I watch very few things without fantasy elements. Does Kuragehime count? If so, then totally Kuragehime.
 
Day 11 - Favorite mech series: Code Geass has a pretty awesome use of mechs going for it, but I like the personality of the machines in Gurren Lagann. Especially the incorporation of Kamina's shades onto the machine.

Day 12 - An ecchi picture from your favorite series: Ummm... let's just have kinky Watanuki and Doumeki from a doujinshi



 
Day 13 - Cosplay of your ‘waifu’ or Husbando’: I don't want to post someone's photo without permission, but if I did, it would most definitely be a Ranulf cosplay from Fire Emblem.
 
Day 14 - Current (or most recent) anime wallpaper: To go along with the fanfic I'm writing, One Soul

This is 100% in character too, which makes it even better


Day 15 - Post a cute Neko-girl: NOPE! Let's do a neko boy!




Day 16 - Post a kigurumi cosplay of your favorite anime character: Don't want to post someone without their permission

Day 17 - Favorite tsundere: Hiro-san from Junjou Romantica, of course. I love it when he orders flowers for Nowaki and then orders him not to get a big head over it. Nowaki still tackles him and announces that he's so happy he could die.

Day 18 - Something moe: Finland!




Day 19 - Mandatory swimsuit post: How about the pool scene from Toradora?




Day 20 - Favorite shoujo anime: Fruits Basket. My god, Fruits Basket. Although the series is incomplete, I just love the characters and romance so much that I can't be mad at the show. It would be nice if they animated the amazing ending the manga gives us.

Day 21 - Best yandere character: Belarus, naturally. 

Day 22 - Favorite boy’s love couple (or yuri couple, if you don’t like that sort of thing): Well, I love my KuroFai, but that's not a real BL series. So how about Kisa and Yukina from Sekaiichi Hatsukoi?
 
Day 23 - Anime you think had the best, or most intriguing art: Gankutsuou hands down. Especially the clothing designs of Haydee, as well as Albert's pirate outfit.

So awesome... it's even better when you see it in movement

Day 24 - Favorite anime hero or heroine: Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia is a pretty excellent hero. I'm also rather fond of Vash from Trigun. And Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin.
 
Day 25 - Best anime villain: Ulquiorra from Bleach. His final scene... hot damn. He really does perfectly personify emptiness, and of course the fact that he's voiced by Daisuke Namikawa doesn't hurt!

Day 26 - Your favorite harem anime: I demand reverse harem! And as far as that goes, Ouran High School Host Club does it best.

Day 27 - Favorite anime opening theme song: Oooh, this is a toughie. Durarara does an excellent job with their track by Theatre Brook, and I'm rather fond of 19sai from xxxHolic. But really, does anything beat the Pokemon theme song?
 
Day 28 - Favorite pokemon: Bulbasaur!

Day 29 - Favorite school uniform: I'm going to have to go with CLANNAD




Day 30 - Anime character you want to cosplay: Euphemia from Code Geass. Costume is already on order!






No comments:

Post a Comment